Half Day at Cu Chi Tunnels – Half Day
Today’s tour will begin at 07:15. We are departing early this morning to avoid the crowds at Cu Chi. Driving away from Ho Chi Minh City, we will see the city skyline fade into the distance as the road winds through rice paddies and villages, getting a look at life in southern Vietnam. Prior to arriving at the Cu Chi Tunnels, we will visit a lacquerware workshop. Handdicaped people affected by agent organce after vietnam war are given the opportunity to work and earn a small sum of money.
Arriving at Cu Chi Tunnels, we will spend a couple of hours walking around the rugged grounds with a local guide. You will hear how the residents constructed an intricate, underground network of tunnels during the French and American Wars. Crawling underground through one of the tunnels (optional), you can see first hand the tiny chambers and imagine what life was like for those who lived there. You will hear incredible tales of perseverance, from unusual foods the residents ate to survive and the story of a baby being born in the tunnels. Once above ground, wee will see other ingenious items used by the residents to defend themselves such as bamboo traps and camouflaged pits.
Throughout the tour, the guide will explain the impact of war on the local community and the country as a whole. In the late morning journey back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Our Services include:
– English speaking guide (for other languages supplements apply)
– Tours and transfers as mentioned by private air conditioned vehicle
– Entrance fees for mentioned visits
Our Services do not include:
– Other services than mentioned
– Tips, Travel insurance
8.30 AM – 9.30 AM: Transportation
- Maecenas massa. Fermentum. Pretium vitae tempus sem enim enim.
- Tempus, leo, taciti augue aliquam hendrerit.
- Accumsan pharetra eros justo augue posuere felis elit cras montes fames. Vulputate dictumst egestas etiam dictum varius.